Definico (Scorch Pty Ltd) (“Company,” “Definico,” “Scorch,” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
The Definico ® service (“Service”) is organized primarily to provide businesses and individuals access to a rich collection of resources related to search engine optimization and inbound marketing, including without limitation search engine optimization tools, link analysis tools, downloadable toolbars, application program interfaces (“APIs”), site profile services, search analytics, blogs, user-generated-content, personalized content and industry surveys and opinion polls. The Service includes the website at www.definico.com (“Site”). The Site incorporates any related website or domain operated by Company including without limitation www.definico.com, and www.scorch.com.au.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Site or use our Service, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Site.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Site or in connection with the Service, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Site.
This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features/register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your company name and job title; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site or Service may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes without limitation information provided at the time of subscribing to the Service, and when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
- Information you enter into our Site about your marketing activities so that we can provide Service to you.
You also may provide information to be published, displayed or transmitted (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “Interactive Content”). Your Interactive Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk; we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your Interactive Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that Interactive Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Details, IP Addresses And Cookies and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Site and Service and to deliver better and more personalized future services by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your subscriptions to the Service, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We never sell your personal information or provide it to others for marketing purposes.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may collect and disclose anonymous and aggregated information about our users, and other information that does not identify any individual, without restriction for the purposes of product research, to improve our Service, and for other commercial purposes.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Definico, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. In some cases, we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.